Effective Date: 05/14/2018
By use of AWeber services, you instruct AWeber to process any personal data you provide to AWeber and agree to the processing of any personal data that AWeber provides to you in connection with the services. Customer also specifically authorizes the engagement of AWeber’s Affiliates as Sub-processors. In addition, Customer generally authorizes the engagement of any other third parties as Sub-processors.
Details of Data Processing
Subject Matter: All AWeber services, Customer provided data, and related technical support to Customer.
Duration of the Processing: As identified in the AWeber Service Agreement.
Data Subjects: Personal data submitted, stored, sent or received via AWeber services that may concern the Customer or Subscribers of the Customer.
AWeber takes all reasonable technical and organizational measures to commit to confidentiality of your data including:
- Use of encryption
- Continual monitoring of the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of our systems
- Preparedness to restore availability of our services in the event of a physical or technical incident
- Regular risk assessments of all systems
- Commercially reasonable steps to ensure employees and those acting on AWeber’s behalf maintain confidentiality of personal data
- Privacy confirmations of all sub-processors engaged in providing AWeber services
- Provide written responses to all reasonable requests for information made by customers
- Reasonably assist customers with data security audits, including inspections, conducted by the customer, auditors, or other supervisory authorities
- Provide notice to customers regarding personal data breaches
Right to be informed: You or your subscribers can ask about personal data, how it is used, and why it is being used at any time.
Right of rectification: You or your subscribers can update (or request updates to) personal information at any time.
Right of erasure: You may cancel your AWeber account at any time and may additionally request that AWeber erase your personal data, cease further dissemination of the data, and potentially have third parties halt processing of the data. Your subscribers may also request that you or AWeber do the same for their personal data. AWeber reserves the right to keep the minimum amount of information that helps us prevent fraud to keep your deliverability the highest it can be.
Right to restrict processing: You may put your account on hold at any time which restricts the sending of email. Your data will still be processed for other actions such as billing and by our sub-processors. You may backup and deactivate a list to verify subscriber data and reactivate within 30 days. You may cancel your account to restrict all data processing of your data and your subscribers and reactivate your account as long as we have not yet deleted your information according to our retention policies.
Right to data portability: You may export any of your lists, or selected information within any list, at any time while your account is active by accessing your AWeber account.
Right to object: You may unsubscribe from any of AWeber’s emails at any time. Your subscribers may unsubscribe from your emails at any time.
You may opt-in to be informed of sub-processor additions excluding those on our list of sub-processors below by contacting us. If you object to any sub-processor addition, you may cancel your account within 5 days of the notification provided that such objection is based on reasonable grounds relating to data protection.