Exciting Changes to the AWeber Affiliate Program
Our affiliates responded to the recent survey about the affiliate program with a lot of helpful feedback.
Your input was very helpful, and will allow us to better serve your needs. Thank you very much for responding!
Based on your feedback, we are happy to announce the following changes to the AWeber affiliate program:
- All commissions will be raised to 30%. This includes existing 1st tier commissions of 20%.
- Second tier commissions are being phased out to meet Paypal’s terms of service and enable paying of affiliates via Paypal.
- Affiliate cookies will last 1 year instead of the previous 10 years.
- In the future, you will have the option of being paid via PayPal or postal check.
- All affiliates will be paid once a month, on the first of every month.
- The minimum check payout will be $30.00 for US affiliates and $50.00 for affiliates not based in the US (This applies to both PayPal Payments and postal payments)
All of these changes will be effective on April 8th, 2009. The only exception will be the PayPal payment option, which will be available in the future. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can sign up for one here.
How Your Input Helped Our Decisions
We feel that your input is always very important. So the information you provided us in our last survey was instrumental in our decisions.
36.1% of you voted for the 1 year cookie.
23.6% of you voted to keep using the 10 year “lifetime” cookie as we have up until now.
However, since the remaining 40.4% of you voted for a cookie duration less than 1 year, we thought a happy medium would be the 1 year cookie.
Now, as for your feedback on our commission proposal of 30%, a commission hike of 30%, plus the removal of the second tier affiliate commissions was met with very strong approval. It was apparent that this change would be welcome, so we certainly are going to implement it. This also provides compliance with Paypal’s terms of service allowing us to offer affiliate commission payment via Paypal in the future.
With the rest of the changes to our affiliate program, we followed the same guidelines. We took your feedback and came up with the best possible changes based on that feedback.
As the months go by, look forward to many other exciting changes that will benefit your AWeber affiliate campaign.
We hope you enjoy the new changes to our program thus far. As always, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us.
This should be an exciting year for all of us!Print This Post
Become a Better Email MarketerSubscribe to This Blog by Email
Leave a Comment